Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My DT project for Gina's Designs and a quick tutorial :)

Altered Fan Tutorial

Good Morning :)
Deann here with an Altered project and Tutorial for
Gina's Designs
Gina has this awesome chipboard fan -
 
This is the fan after I (well..my Mum) Painted it gold.
The first time I saw the fan I thought it would make awesome Christmas Ornaments!
Turned up side down , they make really pretty tear drops .

This is what I used for each ornament.
First you will need to set the back, to do this I glued 2 leaves on then an oval  over
top to cover the glue up, make it look neater .
The reason for doing the back of the ornament this way is to hide all the glue
from the front embellishments. 
Next- the front , first add your image to the center .

Next- add the leaf and poinsettia.
Add one of the mini roses on to the leaf.
( I like to wrap the rose stem around a paint brush to get
that really nice curl ) 

Add the other rose and snowflake...almost done :)



Now you just need to add the bow and hanger to the top
and ta da ......you got your self 6 really awesome ornaments !

I hope you give this a try , they are so easy to make !
(((HUGS)))
Deann
Product used : Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment